[nSLUG] Server update.

Scott Walsh walsh at cs.dal.ca
Wed Sep 8 23:56:59 ADT 2010

Xming seems to work well enough for those that need it(2007 release is
the last free one, donations get you access to newer versions). Exceed
is nice, and Xwin-32 is functional, but both cost money.

What I recommend is FreeNX Server coupled with the NX client from
NoMachine. Secure, compressed, quite nice. It does session saving, if
you're into that sort of thing ;) (Just remember to disable the OpenGL
screensavers :/)

Google has released a competing 'neatx' package, which I've not used.
Looks like the main/only distribution mechanism is SVN. Maybe there are
packages floating around out there for it...

--
Scott Walsh
Systems Administrator
walsh at cs.dal.ca