[nSLUG] Built new server

Daniel Morrison draker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 23:32:25 ADT 2010

On 8 September 2010 22:59, D G Teed <donald.teed at gmail.com> wrote:

OK, understood.

> Does mere mention of the resource place it in negative connotation?

It was your provocative placement of wikipedia merely four words into
your text, immediately after you quoted the words "completely wrong,
unreliable, ill-founded, and utterly useless..." The message conveyed
is: "Oh, on the subject of pathetic, wikipedia..."

I had always understood BogoMIPS to be intended as bogus. The docs
said it was used to time a loop that had little correlation with
specific processor speed. Boasting of your BogoMIPS used to be an "in
joke" in groupings, with nothing really taken very seriously.

-D.