[nSLUG] Built new server

Scott Walsh walsh at cs.dal.ca
Wed Sep 8 13:18:35 ADT 2010

Xeon E5640 x 2(@8 cores each) = 85,120.

Went looking for how the calculation is done, and almost immediately
stopped caring. http://tldp.org/HOWTO/BogoMips/bogo-faq.html

"turbo-buttons (should be ON)"

"Of course this is completely wrong, unreliable, ill-founded, and
utterly useless..."

Jim: what did you use for a case? I'm always curious what people are
using. I prefer Antec cases for the most part, but their Micro ATX cases
suffer from the same thing as most others: specially designed PSUs.
Also, what is /proc/cpuinfo reporting? :)