[nSLUG] giving away 2 sparcstation 20

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Mon Sep 6 13:19:38 ADT 2010

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 11:59:29AM -0300, D G Teed wrote:

> Both have been tested with a Solaris 9 install in the past week.

Can openSolaris run on these?

> You'll see references to 13W3 to HD15 adapter, but I've found
> most of these do not work, at least with monitors I've had.

I have found the same. The only adapters I found to work had a set of
dip switches to set the resolution. And that was iffy. I also found
that the only resolutions that worked were at an eye burning 60Hz. I
ran my sparcstation with a remote X display. It was much easier to
work with.

--
sg