[nSLUG] dll hijacking remedies create pain for POSIX OS's

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Thu Sep 2 10:33:27 ADT 2010

On 09/02/2010 10:16 AM, George N. White III wrote:
> For about a week, our Mac OS X systems have, not surprisingly, had
> problems with svn:
> $ /opt/local/bin/svn up
> svn: PROPFIND of '/repository/macports/trunk/dports': Could not read
> status line: Connection reset by peer (http://svn.macports.org)

What does that 'svn up' script do anyway?

Normally if I have write access to a repo outside of the local network,
I would use svn+ssh protocol to access it, and if access is read-only
and no anonymous svn+ssh is provided, then use svn.

But the error message above seems to indicate http protocol.  This is a
less than wonderful way to deliver the material, as it is not really
efficient.  Any project that only offers svn via http protocol should be
urged to consider offering one of the alternatives as the rest of the
world does.

Ben