[nSLUG] something wrong with Greenlyph?

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 17:04:07 ADT 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 6:43 PM, Michael Gillie <mikegpc at hemmysoft.com>wrote:

> I use local businesses as much as I can, but when I feel "used" or
> mistreated by a local company, I find another one, when money isn't an
> object. Sometimes, as a student, I have to take a cheaper solution.
>
> Michael

Personally, I've never felt that Greenlyph was a bad business, just one
that sometimes needs some reminding about one's order
once in awhile.  It can even happen with a big company like Dell,
or NCIX, but I can say I've had to make more than average
efforts to get my order and the paypal payment synced
in the eyes of Greenlyph to ensure the order does go through
without too much delay.

I will buy things from Greenlyph when I can be certain they
have the item in stock, and lately I've taken to physically going
there rather than web order and ship.  If I need something
shipped I find Mysterybyte or Robotnik more reliable to process
the order without customer interventions.

I sometimes buy things from non-local, but there is always a risk
of needing to do that RMA, which is so much easier with
a local store.  Lately it seems like even quality brands don't
get the same kind of QA or burn in, and they just expect
the consumer to do the QA for them via RMAs.  Maybe the
cost of RMAs is lower than paying for a high degree QA division?

My 2 cents...