[nSLUG] first test of Debian squeeze

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 16:35:59 ADT 2010

I wanted to check out postfix 2.7 (esp. postscreen) and
it's offered in Debian squeeze (still in testing status).
I installed it by installing Debian netinst of 5.0 (minimal) and then
switching sources to squeeze and upgrading.

I'm not sure I like the new config manners of grub 2,
but I guess we'll have to live with it.  I liked
the old menu.lst file the way it was.

I'm impressed with the parallel and dependancy
checking of services.  I timed the system boot
from grub, and it took 14 seconds from
kernel to login prompt on regular SATA drives.

ext4 support is provided, but the way I installed
this couldn't be selected from the installer.
Might look at converting via tune2fs.

--Donald