[nSLUG] Linuxfest "Backups" presentation

Hatem Nassrat hnassrat at gmail.com
Wed May 12 01:58:37 ADT 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 9:17 PM, Jack Warkentin <jwark at eastlink.ca> wrote:
> I would be grateful for comments on this presentation with the goal of
> improving it, so any comments would be much appreciated. So don't be
> bashfull, be *critical*!

Since you wanted critical :P. I only got to slide two so far. I
wouldn't say that hard drives fail with *absolutely* no warnings. I
have never had a hdd fail with no warnings, its just that I always
ignored the warnings assuming they were just weird system faults. E.g.
copy jobs that crash and work the next time, system failing to boot
for no apparent reason and work again, ... subtle things like that
more or less happen every time i had a disk fail,  yet I somehow
managed to ignore them every single time.

--
Hatem Nassrat