[nSLUG] do non-latin TLD's work on older systems?

Daniel Morrison draker at gmail.com
Mon May 10 17:25:07 ADT 2010

It seems the link in the blog post has already been converted to punycode.

However if I click on a link from this page:
http://idn.icann.org/#The_example.test_names

they are displayed in my URL bar in the native character set. For example:

http://مثال.آزمایشی

and

http://例子.測試/

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100124 Firefox/3.6
Slackware64-13.0

-D.

But perhaps they are doing something interesting there. I notice I get
extra characters if I highlight the link.