[nSLUG] CD-ROM Deterioration

Eugene Cormier eugene.cormier at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 15:50:03 ADT 2010

That's funny, I just saw this the other day. Apparently the Library of
Congress recommends CDs to be stored on end as well (it does talk about
cds regardless of the URL name)

http://www.loc.gov/preserv/care/record.html

Eugene

On 10-03-31 02:34 PM, D G Teed wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Richard Bonner<ak621 at chebucto.ns.ca>  wrote:
>
>> Hello, All.
>>
>>     Here is the link to the article I mentioned in another thread:
>>
>>              http://CEC.chebucto.org/Images/Temp/cd-bad.jpg
>>
> I like the part where they suggest storing them vertically.
> Funny for them to have that in common with vinyl LPs.
>
> --Donald

Eugene Cormier
---------------
Full-time Instructor
Acadia University
www.eugenecormier.com
info at eugenecormier.com
Office: Denton Hall Rm.152
Office Hours: Mon 1:30-2:30, Wed 3-4, Thurs 2:30-3:30
Phone: (902) 585-1329

Statement of Confidentiality
This message (including attachments) may contain confidential or
privileged information intended for a specific individual or
organization. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely
on this email, and should promptly delete this email from your entire
computer system.