[nSLUG] Date for Linuxfest

Colin Conrad cmconrad79 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 12:04:36 ADT 2010

> ***   I was unable to access the document and went by the post here.
> Even so, abbreviations are generally not recommended when dealing with
> the GP (general public).  (-:

I feel that the fact that he has spelled out "operating system" in the
first sentence, then the general public can figure out what OS means.
I would agree with you 15 years ago, but as I deal with the general
public on a daily basis doing tech support, I can say that they know
quite a bit about computers today and can put operating system and OS
together and know that they mean the same thing.

Cheers,
Colin