[nSLUG] Linux Fest Wireless? (fwd)

Karl Vollmer vollmer at ampache.org
Fri Mar 26 10:43:45 ADT 2010

> I doubt UCIS has changed their policies since, so you should plan
> accordingly. Also, with the number of laptops and general wireless devices
> growing a single cell powered by a simple wireless router may not be
> sufficient. In that case it might be worth-while to talk to UCIS or FCS if
> it is possible to piggy-back a second public wireless network on their
> infrastructure.

  I can answer that. Nope. If CS wants to provide a physical
connection that's fine, but especially considering the network
configuration / wap changes that would be required to do that they
(ITS) will not and it would be unresonable to even ask. Expect to have
to provide your own wireless for the time being. I know there are
plans to provide some sort of public/automatic registration for Dal
wireless that might solve this issue in the future but it's not there
yet.

Also UCIS doesn't exist. It's ITS now :)

-Karl