[nSLUG] QR code (Was: Date for Linuxfest)

Ted Tibbetts intuited at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 17:10:12 ADT 2010

This one I think is able to both generate and read them:
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/
It seems to have various ports aimed at different mobile device classes.

There's also a package (in Ubuntu anyway) called libqrencode3, which
according to the documentation for this ruby wrapper
gem<http://github.com/harrisj/qrencoder>is based on the detailed spec
at "
http://www.denso-wave.com/qrcode/index-e.html".  They explain that "QR Code
is open in the sense that the specification of QR Code is disclosed and that
the patent right owned by Denso Wave is not exercised."  I'm not very
knowledgeable on the legalities of patent enforcement on something like
this; it seems to be a grey area.

Cheers
-Ted