[nSLUG] BBC iPlayer (UK only) blocking open source flash players

Joshua B. juggins at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 13:29:09 ADT 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Dop Ganger <nslug at fop.ns.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Mar 2010, George N. White III wrote:
> I suspect you are correct for broadband but the paradox there would be
> anyone who can afford a high-end condo tower would also be able to drop
> $50/mo on high speed internet without being particularly concerned.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this cropping up at airports, downtown
shopping centers, etc.  In fact it might not even be hard to sell this
package to cafes and shops that allready provide free wireless to
customers at a loss. I bet many would be willing to switch to a
service that lets them at least break-even. All that would be sad if
it squeezed out true "free wireless" offered by some of the more
enlightened city councils.

But with the latest budget cutting subsidies for any free internet
with TWENTY FIVE miles of a library  I imagine public access internet
service is doomed either way.