[nSLUG] Date for Linuxfest

Richard Bonner ak621 at chebucto.ns.ca
Wed Mar 17 16:44:25 ADT 2010

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010, Jack Warkentin wrote:

> Hi Everybody
>
> We need to set a date, get the space booked, and start working on the
> advertising. My son, who is head of Mechanical Engineering at Dal, says we
> should advertise among the Engineering and Science faculties, as he knows
> there are some Linux users in his department. Perhaps there might also be
> some interest in Medicine?
>
> I am more concerned about setting the date, etc, than the actual date itself.
> If 10 April is agreeable with everybody else it is fine with me.

***   I agree. The Saturday, 10th is good with me. I suggest from 10
AM through say till 2 or 3 PM.

> When the Dal ACM crowd ran the Instalfests, they always provided some snacks
> and soft drinks. Should we do this too?

***   It would be a good idea. We can budget for under $50.

> What kind of programme will we have? We need to be sure that some core group
> is there with something useful to show.

***   I suggest that the HCC set up its usual display and that
perhaps the nSLUG group provide some members to assist with the Linux
end.

    It would be nice to somehow inform the public attendees about
Linux... brochures? fact sheets? Suggested versions?

       Richard Bonner

          Chair
   Halifax Computer Club
http://www.HCC.chebucto.org