[nSLUG] Wireless Router

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Fri Mar 12 18:47:47 AST 2010

Gerard MacNeil wrote:
> I am in need of acquiring a Wireless Router for a small network. I want
> to be able to have both linux and winders laptops to be able to connect.
> Upstream is Aliant DSL.

I cannot recall the last time I had an issue connecting my linux laptop
to a wireless access point. In terms of management the (home user) ones
I have helped people setup in the past few years have all been webbased
and worked with firefox. Linux compatibility should not be an issue.

I cannot recommend one brand over the other. They are all pretty cheap.
The feature set on the b/g models are mostly identical. I would get a
802.11g model that was on sale. As always a quick google search to check
if a particular model is problematic or not.

--
sg