[nSLUG] "Switchable" bash prompt (change color for root)

Jack Warkentin jwark at eastlink.ca
Tue Mar 9 15:22:29 AST 2010

Hi Rowan

I presume that you use su to switch to root.

Doesn't root's .bashrc get sourced when you do that? Mine certainly
does, although I use bash as both my normal user and root user shells.

You would then just have to set up your PS1 environment variable to
whatever you want in root's .bashrc, following Jason's suggestion re
colouring.

Regards

Jack