[nSLUG] "Switchable" bash prompt (change color for root)

Jason Kenney jdkenney at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 11:15:05 AST 2010

Years ago this was part of the default gentoo .bashrc

You can probably find a copy of that floating around if you'd like a
more tested implementation, but there would be countless ways to do
it:

- man whoami
- man id
- echo $EUID

There are many tutorials on using ascii coloring in prompts if you're
not sure how to do that bit too.

Jason