[nSLUG] Meetings: new venue and day?

Ariannah J. Armstrong ariannah at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 13:13:45 AST 2010

Thanks for putting Uncommon Grounds back on my radar.  I went there
several years back when the knitting group I attend off and on met
there.  (South Park street location)

I would prefer going there over an expensive coffee shop any day.
Whichever location the majority suits best I'll go along with.

Ariannah

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Ben Armstrong
<synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
> On 07/03/10 12:50 PM, Joshua B. wrote:
>> Uncommon Grounds' Wi-Fi hotspot provides a wireless internet
>> connection for your laptop, palm pilot and other
>> wireless connection devices.
>>

> Sounds good ...
>
>> Three locations in Halifax - 1030 South Park Street, ***1801 Hollis
>> Street*** and in the Marriott Residence on the corner of Argyle Street
>> and Sackville Street
>>
>> I recomend Hollis street - I think there will be adequate parking by
>> 5:30pm also it's close to the ferry.
>>

> Ariannah's recollection is that the South Park one is quite roomy.  Keep
> in mind we had 15 people at last meeting and our group seems to be still
> growing.
>
>>> 4. sells decent coffee&  snacks
>>>
>> This is their best feature IMHO UG has the best snacks of any Coffee
>> Shop in the city.
>>

> Ariannah seconds that.
>
> Also, as for location, the bus stops practically right in front.
>
> Can anyone supply reasons *not* to favour Uncommon Grounds over Caffe
> Ristretto?  So far it's sounding pretty decent.  Also I went back and
> looked at the lukewarm reviews of coffee at Ristretto and am a little
> put off by that, along with the other reasons Oliver mentioned.
>
> Ben

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you
something else is the greatest accomplishment."
Ralph Waldo Emerson