[nSLUG] Meetings: new venue and day?

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sun Mar 7 13:04:39 AST 2010

On 07/03/10 12:50 PM, Joshua B. wrote:
> Uncommon Grounds' Wi-Fi hotspot provides a wireless internet
> connection for your laptop, palm pilot and other
> wireless connection devices.

Sounds good ...

> Three locations in Halifax - 1030 South Park Street, ***1801 Hollis
> Street*** and in the Marriott Residence on the corner of Argyle Street
> and Sackville Street
>
> I recomend Hollis street - I think there will be adequate parking by
> 5:30pm also it's close to the ferry.

Ariannah's recollection is that the South Park one is quite roomy.  Keep
in mind we had 15 people at last meeting and our group seems to be still
growing.

>> 4. sells decent coffee&  snacks
>>
> This is their best feature IMHO UG has the best snacks of any Coffee
> Shop in the city.

Ariannah seconds that.

Also, as for location, the bus stops practically right in front.

Can anyone supply reasons *not* to favour Uncommon Grounds over Caffe
Ristretto?  So far it's sounding pretty decent.  Also I went back and
looked at the lukewarm reviews of coffee at Ristretto and am a little
put off by that, along with the other reasons Oliver mentioned.

Ben