[nSLUG] BBC iPlayer (UK only) blocking open source flash players

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Tue Mar 2 08:05:14 AST 2010

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010, George N. White III wrote:

> The content in question is restricted to UK IP's, and UK residents pay
> a BBC License fee, so the content in question is not readily
> accessible outside the UK.

The content is not *legitimately* available outside the UK. It is
trivially available from, off the top of my head:

http://www.eztv.it
http://www.thebox.bz
http://www.uknova.com

If I were feeling twee, I might bring up that comment about the Internet
recognising silly buggers, and routing around it.

Cheers... Dop.