[nSLUG] Old Electronics

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Mon Jun 7 09:51:30 ADT 2010

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 09:06:16AM -0300, Richard Bonner wrote:

>     That aside, I don't suggest that you bother with electronics that
> are too old

I second this recommendation particularly because components like caps
may not work at all.

>     You may be able to source new parts; try RAE in Dartmouth.

other mail order sources:

Robotshop.ca	(great service, few components but lots of everything else)

www.active123.com   (good selection of tools, generally more expensive)

electronsonic.ca    (have everything, but usually only in large quantities)

Two big US sources now ship to Canada. They are great for
hobbiest. Because of the shipping costs I found that you needed to
order a bunch of stuff to make it worth while.
digikey.ca
ca.mouser.com

--
sg