[nSLUG] Computer systems with Linux installed - local retail

Johnathan Thibodeau jthibo at chebucto.ns.ca
Fri Jan 22 17:09:10 AST 2010

Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:01:09 -0400
> Michael Gillie <mikegpc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Just make sure they have the product you want in stock, on site. Otherwise,
>> they'll keep you waiting for weeks if you have to order it in.
>
> Every vendor occasionally suffers supply problems that are beyond their
> control to anticipate or fix.  Sounds like you just had a bit of bad
> luck.

Not really, it just seems to be how they roll. I think the reason is
that since they keep their stock low, they don't have to charge as much
overhead, keeping their prices extremely competitive.

I've been a fan since they opened (2003, I think). The service is what
makes it worth it.

As for the thread topic, I can't say as I know where you can get Linux
pre-installed, as I generally don't buy whole, pre-build computers, let
alone with a pre-installed OS :/