[nSLUG] nSLUG Digest, Vol 72, Issue 7

Thomas Erskine thomas.erskine at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 07:20:36 AST 2010

IMHO the most important reason for including 4-digit years has nothing to do
with confusion at some nebulous point in the future; it has to to with
avoiding mis-interpretation right now.  A 4-digit date part can only be the
year, whether you are using yyyy-mm-dd or dd-mm-yyyy.  E.G. if you use
2-digit years you cannot tell for certain what 06-01-10 means.  Does it mean
January 6 2010 or does it mean January 10 2006.  Or is it American and
really means June 1 2010?

Nope.  Four-digit years for me, all the way.

And I'll try not to complain about timestamps which don't include the
timezone. :-)

[snip]