[nSLUG] nSLUG website?
daniel at bonmot.ca
Mon Jan 4 09:24:11 AST 2010
>> I put "minimal effort" into my wiki;
I'm using the Oddmuse wiki engine for my historical encyclopedia of the LGBT community in Halifax; the goal is to have a page for every person, place, thing, and event of significance to the queer community in Halifax, ever.
.. it's about a thousand pages now; hundreds or thousands more pages are stubs or orphaned links. So it's a long term project, but interesting.
Modules which I use for it:
* calendar - draws calendars on http://gay.hfnxns.org/LocalEvents (this is page is slightly interesting because it is a collection or "transclusion" of *future* day pages (in ISO 8601 format of course). Normally you collect / transclude *past* day pages to make a blog.
* canonical - lets you type a page name in lower case in an URL and have its CamelCase version returned, e.g. http://gay.hfxns.org/danielmackay
* flashbox - lets you include youtube etc. videos in a page.
* footnotes - adds footnote capability
* questionasker - basic but totally effective captcha
* timezone - display times locally
* usemod - for the markup.
More information about the nSLUG