[nSLUG] Re: Reminder: Jan. 5 meeting @ Just Us! Spring Garden, Halifax

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Sun Jan 3 00:02:09 AST 2010

> It is time to switch back to the more conventional "twenty ten",
> just as we had "nineteen ten", etc., for all years in the previous
> century.

All?  Cough...except those *before* 1910, eh?  Back in ought-six, when
my dad was 11 years old, we used to say..... ;-)

Well, all along, I thought the decade whould have been called The
Naughties, encouraging a certain frivolous and decadent tilt.  Silly
me.  I can't think, off hand, of a clever alternative word that
captures it but in retrospect, maybe the Global Neo-Null Bock Decade?

- Mike

                                                           /V\