[nSLUG] nSLUG website?

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sat Jan 2 20:59:24 AST 2010

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 09:56:18 -0500
"Mike.lifeguard" <mike.lifeguard at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's nonsense. Wikis can be open and also protected from abuse. I'm
> travelling today, but I'd be glad to help whoever runs the wiki to
> upgrade it from an ancient version and install some standard anti-abuse
> extensions. It'd be worth making some people admins as well.

Sure.  And if a few vigilant wiki users subscribe to recent changes so
that any wiki abuse is immediately spotted and corrected, that can go a
long way towards keeping the site protected.  It's really not that much
of a chore.  I have no problem leaving the site as wiki-based.  We just
need to put at least some minimal amount of effort into its upkeep.
Right now, apparently we're putting zero effort into it.

Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org