[nSLUG] Bell Aliant vs. Eastlink

Rory rory at unixism.org
Sat Jan 2 19:48:25 AST 2010

I'll preface this by saying that I'm in NB and Aliant service here may
differ slightly, but not as much as in the past.

I've heard many complaints on this list over the years re: Aliant
service. My experience here, having had Aliant PPPoE in 3 different
locations, is that the connection has always been solid, I get my full
bandwidth at all times and connection drops are incredibly rare.
Currently I'm in the sticks (relatively) and I still get solid 6MB down
and keep the same connection/IP for up to a month at a time.

I wonder why service in NS seems so miserable by comparison?

- R