[nSLUG] Bell Aliant vs. Eastlink

Herb htheriault at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 17:34:25 AST 2010

For about a year, I was seeing the 600k throttle between 7pm ish and 1
or 2am. It seems to have gone away, replaced with an oddly
inconsistent  two hour, 5-7pm 800k throttle. In that time, I moved to
another part of the city, which makes me wonder if they only shape
areas that are noticeably heavy in traffic, slowing down everyone on
the affected nodes.

-Herb