[nSLUG] Bell Aliant vs. Eastlink

Daryl 7thson.clone at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 15:37:02 AST 2010

John Stanton wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Does anyone know how Bell stacks up to Eastlink for download speeds? I
> was thinking about getting Bell up to 7.0 Mbps.

Hi John

I'm on the standard Eastlink package and I regularly test at 15down 1up.
It's been 5 years since I had Aliant and refuse to go back after having
multiple "techs" tell me an issue I had with them was my computer and
not their service. Hard to believe them when 5 different computers with
multiple OS's all do the same thing. I guess if it works and you don't
need to call for tech support and the price is right, should be okay. My
folks have been on it for about 6 years (1.5meg package I think) and
other then using PPPoE it seems stable enough for them.