[nSLUG] nSLUG website?

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 11:21:11 AST 2010

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Mike.lifeguard <mike.lifeguard at gmail.com>wrote:

> > If it's going to remain a wiki it needs some type of trust to limit
> > who can have an account.  Say someone who has participated
> > on the mailing list for more than 3 months.
>
> That's nonsense. Wikis can be open and also protected from abuse. I'm
> travelling today, but I'd be glad to help whoever runs the wiki to
> upgrade it from an ancient version and install some standard anti-abuse
> extensions. It'd be worth making some people admins as well.

That's one approach that would work until there are ways
to abuse the extensions.  I think it is good to update
the web app, but I'm still in favour of a mechanism
where account access is granted.

There is no meaningful purpose in having a local LUG with
opportunities for anyone to define what/who we are.
That is why I don't get to vote in Denmark, for example.
The politics of wikis in general do not have to extend to
all wikis.