[nSLUG] suse linux and NFS server....

Michael Gillie mikegpc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 12:38:20 AST 2010

Hey folks,

I'm in a unit in my course that's dealing with Suse Enterprise Linux 10 SP3.

Don't ask me why they are choosing SUSe, when it would have been much easier
to go with Ubuntu, or Debian.

We have to set up NFS and Samba shares, and they have to see each other.

My teacher is being a complete ____ (you fill in the blank), by not
assisting those is a bind. I am one of those needing help.

The two servers I have installed in VMWare Fusion 3, are able to ping each
other, but they only see the shares that are set up on their local system,
not each other's. Can someone help me out?

If people know the step-by-step configuration instructions, I'll appreciate
those. (including all the permissions commands, etc). I'm learning linux,
and command line stuff, so, please be patient with me. At least I'm trying.

I have to use VMware Fusion on my mac so it's compatible with the VMWare at
the school.

Thanks in advance,

Michael