[nSLUG] EXT3 missing log file

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Feb 9 14:55:41 AST 2010

On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 14:38:22 -0400
John Stanton <john at stantonnet.org> wrote:
> Thanks, So the file has been removed but the process still has it open.
> Know of anyway to get that file back?or view its contents?

Short of an exhaustive search of the filesystem it's on, block by
block, perhaps with a file recovery tool of some kind, no, I don't know
of any easy way.  And once the process that has the file open is gone,
those blocks are free for the filesystem to reclaim and use for other
purposes, so if you want to do any kind of analysis, do it now, before
the process ends.

Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org