[nSLUG] New Nova Scotia Open Source mirror, mirror.its.dal.ca

Peter Dobcsanyi peter at cs.dal.ca
Wed Feb 3 12:39:28 AST 2010

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 10:15:05PM -0400, Karl Vollmer wrote:
> become selective. I've added arch linux (sync completed). I will have

Thank you for Arch, that is great.

Somebody already asked for the R statistical system, which I second to.

Risking looking greedy, I would also like to suggest another very
prominent scientific system, Sage: http://www.sagemath.org/ .  As far as
I know the only Canadian mirror is at SFU, which is a shame, see
http://www.sagemath.org/mirrors.html .  While Sage is small compared to
a full blown linux distro, the frequently updated precompiled binaries
used by most people are huge (300-500 MB) tar files. So an "Atlantic"
download would make a difference.

Cheers,
        Peter