[nSLUG] VirtualBox running a 64 Bit Host

Sheldon Tower shtower at eastlink.ca
Tue Feb 2 22:08:04 AST 2010

Hello everyone

I'm currently trying to run Windows Vista 64 Bit in Ubuntu 9.10 x86_64
using VirtualBox. I was just wondering if anyone knows if VirtualBox is
able to emulate a 64bit CPU. A quick google search reviled that VirtualBox
is capable of running a 64bit guest OS under a 32 bit host OS, but when I
try to load vista, I get an error stating that my CPU has changed to a 32
bit CPU. I would much rather run Vista using a virtual machine than always
rebooting. Any suggestions?

Sheldon