[nSLUG] New Nova Scotia Open Source mirror, mirror.its.dal.ca

Karl Vollmer vollmer at ampache.org
Mon Feb 1 17:10:00 AST 2010

NSLUG'ers,

  Scott Walsh of the Faculty of Computer Science (CS) and I have been
  working over the last month to setup and configure a new Open Source
  mirror here at Dalhousie University. For those of you at universities traffic
  traveling over CANet should be up to 1Gb/s. Those of you outside the
  CANet perview should still see respectable, if slower, speeds.

  Encase you are wondering what exactly an Open Source mirror is,
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_%28computing%29 has a pretty good
  description along with reasons why mirrors exist.

  The mirror can be found at http://mirror.its.dal.ca/ with a pretty about
  page located at http://mirror.its.dal.ca/about.

  We are in the process of getting this new mirror added to the mirror lists
  for our hosted software, so hopefully you'll see it in the official lists
  soon.

  If you have any other general comments or questions please feel free to
  let me know. In the mean time happy downloading.

-Karl Vollmer
HPC Systems Administrator
ITS, Dalhousie University