[nSLUG] help with Fortran

Vikram Chhatre crypticlineage at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 20:55:08 AST 2010

Hello NSLUGers,

Hope everyone is enjoying fall colors in Nova Scotia, no such fun here
in Texas where we still have warm nights.  We have beautiful skies
though.

Anyway, I am writing today to get some help on installing a program
that was written in Fortran.  This is not for Linux but for Mac OSX
10.6.5.  Hope that will be okay to post on the list.

The program in question is:  GS3, a scientific analysis software.  The
webpage is located at:  http://snp.toulouse.inra.fr/~alegarra/.  The
archive contains various file types that include:

ALliball.f90		fspaksub.f		second.f
compile.bat		gs3.exe			sparse.f90
compile.sh		gs3.f90			sparse2.f
exo.txt			kind.f90		sparssub.f
fspak.f			pcg.f90			together.cage.par
fspak90.f90		pedigri.dat

The contents of compile.sh are posted here:  http://pastebin.ca/2011585
The errors I get when I invoke the compile.sh file are also on the
same pastebin.

My gfortran compiler version is 4.5.x.  I am trying to understand why
the compile is failing.  Is it because my system lacks some library or
whether there is a problem with the code of GS3 software.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your valuable time.
Vikram