[nSLUG] .Xauthority and communal directory

Eri Ramos Bastos bastos.eri at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 13:17:55 ADT 2010

Thanks, Ben.

OK, tried that now. Same issue.

I noticed one thing now: The .Xauthority file is not created at all:

$ ls -lha
total 16K
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4.0K Aug 16 13:13 .
drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4.0K Jun 24 12:43 ..
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2.2K Aug  6 15:31 .bashrc
$

So I ran:

$ xauth generate $DISPLAY .
xauth:  creating new authority file /home/common/.Xauthority.eri.bastos
X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
$

It still fails, but now I have that:

$ ls -lha
total 16K
drwxrwxrwx 2 root       root      4.0K Aug 16 13:14 .
drwxr-xr-x 7 root       root      4.0K Jun 24 12:43 ..
-rw------- 2 eri.bastos Grp    0 Aug 16 13:14 .Xauthority.eri.bastos-c
-rw------- 2 eri.bastos Grp    0 Aug 16 13:14 .Xauthority.eri.bastos-l
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root       root      2.2K Aug  6 15:31 .bashrc

What does that mean? I have no idea, but it's interesting... Back to
Google... ;)

Regards,
Eri Ramos Bastos