[nSLUG] Proprietary Software for Linux

Scott Walsh walsh at cs.dal.ca
Sun Aug 15 13:29:10 ADT 2010

Actually it was Sun ;) At the time he was heading Project Indiana, which
became Open Solaris. A leaked memo announced that the project is being
terminated.
http://blogs.everycity.co.uk/alasdair/2010/08/opensolaris-is-now-officially-dead-rip/

Oracle resigned his cloud computing position upon acquisition of Sun,
and I can't find any current information on his employment.

I feel a debt of gratitude to Ian Murdock(in addition to every other
programmer of FOSS that I use on a daily basis) as I use what started
out as his efforts on a daily basis.

I think the RedHat model of selling product for the support contract to
fund developers is a really good one for business, but doesn't really
work in consumer cases.

--
Scott Walsh
Systems Administrator