[nSLUG] August 16th Meeting at Uncommon Grounds (AriannahArmstrong)

brandon at northernlightstechnology.ca brandon at northernlightstechnology.ca
Sat Aug 14 10:17:46 ADT 2010


It is too bad the meeting is at 5:30, I will have to try and get off early to get there. Hopefully I'll get to stop by! 

Brandon Wamboldt
President

Northern Lights Technology
Web Design * Programming * Hosting * Support * Consulting

Phone: (902) 495-9570
Web: http://northernlightstechnology.ca

Northern Lights Technology is a proud supporter of open source software 

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris MacPhee Thompson <c.thompson at donerightit.com>
Sender: nslug-bounces at nslug.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 10:00:19 
To: <nslug at nslug.ns.ca>
Reply-To: Nova Scotia Linux User Group <nslug at nslug.ns.ca>
Subject: Re: [nSLUG] August 16th Meeting at Uncommon Grounds (Ariannah
	Armstrong)

Love to come out, is there anyone else in the Truro Area heading there?


On Sat, 2010-08-14 at 12:00 +0000, nslug-request at nslug.ns.ca wrote:
> Send nSLUG mailing list submissions to
> 	nslug at nslug.ns.ca
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> 	http://nslug.ns.ca/mailman/listinfo/nslug
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> 	nslug-request at nslug.ns.ca
> 
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> 	nslug-owner at nslug.ns.ca
> 
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of nSLUG digest..."
> 
> 
> Today's Topics:
> 
>    1. Re:  New To NS -- looking for work and like-minded people
>       (Michael Gillie)
>    2.  August 16th Meeting at Uncommon Grounds (Ariannah Armstrong)
>    3. Re:  New To NS -- looking for work and like-minded people
>       (Ariannah Armstrong)
>    4. Re:  New To NS -- looking for work and like-minded people
>       (Richard Bonner)
>    5. Re:  New To NS -- looking for work and like-minded people
>       (odoepner)
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 11:54:02 -0300
> From: Michael Gillie <mikegpc at hemmysoft.com>
> Subject: Re: [nSLUG] New To NS -- looking for work and like-minded
> 	people
> To: Nova Scotia Linux User Group <nslug at nslug.ns.ca>
> Message-ID:
> 	<AANLkTikd7NhPkc=y1KurON6VhbcPsYcAQ95kDZ6z5bWO at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> 
> Welcome to NS!!! Glad to have ya!
> 
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Chris MacPhee Thompson <
> c.thompson at donerightit.com> wrote:
> 
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > Just moved here from Calgary, AB to Salmon River.
> > Was born and raised in Calgary and my family and I are excited to be out
> > east in this beautiful province. Definitely a change of pace from the
> > west.
> >
> > Bit about myself, I deal specifically with Ubuntu within my own home
> > business. As well professionally have supported/utilized Centos/Red Hat.
> > I still have a single Windows box sitting in the corner that makes me a
> > bit sick whenever I turn it on. and I do fix "those" on the side.
> >
> > I'm currently looking for work and will continue until I find something
> > full time. Excited to explore and meet new people. Hope to hear from you
> > all :)
> >
> > Chris Thompson
> > Done Right I.T.
> > http://donerightit.com
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > nSLUG mailing list
> > nSLUG at nslug.ns.ca
> > http://nslug.ns.ca/mailman/listinfo/nslug
> >
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: http://nslug.ns.ca/pipermail/nslug/attachments/20100813/b2b3bb64/attachment-0001.html 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 11:56:52 -0300
> From: Ariannah Armstrong <ariannah at gmail.com>
> Subject: [nSLUG] August 16th Meeting at Uncommon Grounds
> To: Nova Scotia Linux User Group <nslug at nslug.ns.ca>
> Message-ID:
> 	<AANLkTinrbNs=rxMykEPnepgYVabc3eNxfbg9G_5MM05C at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> 
> It's official!  Here is the announcement written in stone (or pixels).
> 
> What: ?Monthly nSLUG general meeting
> When: ?Monday August 16th 2010 at 5:30 pm
> Where: Uncommon Grounds Coffee House, 1030 South Park St., Halifax
> http://www.coffeesoldhere.com/html/locate.html
> 
> Grab a laptop. ?Grab a friend. ?Come and enjoy a summer evening of chat, coffee
> and Linux!
> 
> Ariannah
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 15:01:25 -0300
> From: Ariannah Armstrong <ariannah at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [nSLUG] New To NS -- looking for work and like-minded
> 	people
> To: Nova Scotia Linux User Group <nslug at nslug.ns.ca>
> Message-ID:
> 	<AANLkTi=nnV975nFEa2jJ-8ud0Qk-Qryt+Z=36CXGC5xU at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> 
> Welcome to you, Chris!  If you ever make it down to Halifax on one of
> our informal NSlug meetings we'd be happy to meet you.
> 
> Cheers,
> Ariannah Armstrong
> 
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Chris MacPhee Thompson
> <c.thompson at donerightit.com> wrote:
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > Just moved here from Calgary, AB to Salmon River.
> > Was born and raised in Calgary and my family and I are excited to be out
> > east in this beautiful province. Definitely a change of pace from the
> > west.
> >
> > Bit about myself, I deal specifically with Ubuntu within my own home
> > business. As well professionally have supported/utilized Centos/Red Hat.
> > I still have a single Windows box sitting in the corner that makes me a
> > bit sick whenever I turn it on. and I do fix "those" on the side.
> >
> > I'm currently looking for work and will continue until I find something
> > full time. Excited to explore and meet new people. Hope to hear from you
> > all :)
> >
> > Chris Thompson
> > Done Right I.T.
> > http://donerightit.com
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > nSLUG mailing list
> > nSLUG at nslug.ns.ca
> > http://nslug.ns.ca/mailman/listinfo/nslug
> >
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> "My name can't be THAT tough to pronounce!" (Keanu Reeves)
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 15:40:24 -0300 (ADT)
> From: Richard Bonner <ak621 at chebucto.ns.ca>
> Subject: Re: [nSLUG] New To NS -- looking for work and like-minded
> 	people
> To: Nova Scotia Linux User Group <nslug at nslug.ns.ca>
> Message-ID: <Pine.GSO.4.64.1008131539520.293 at halifax.chebucto.ns.ca>
> Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed
> 
> 
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2010, Michael Gillie wrote:
> 
> > Welcome to NS!!! Glad to have ya!
> 
> ***   I second that. Perhaps you might come to our meeting next 
> week...
> 
>   Richard
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:15:25 -0700 (PDT)
> From: odoepner <odoepner at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [nSLUG] New To NS -- looking for work and like-minded
> 	people
> To: nslug at nslug.ns.ca
> Message-ID: <29433894.post at talk.nabble.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
> 
> 
> CGI in Halifax currently has all kinds of IT job openings ...
> http://ca.indeed.com/CGI-jobs-in-Halifax,-NS
> 
> Not sure if it includes anything that interests you, though ...
> 
> -----
> Oliver Doepner
> http://doepner.net/


_______________________________________________
nSLUG mailing list
nSLUG at nslug.ns.ca
http://nslug.ns.ca/mailman/listinfo/nslug


More information about the nSLUG mailing list