[nSLUG] Linux Certifications

Pat Gagnon patgagnon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 17:27:02 ADT 2010

Funny you should mention formalization Adam.  This might be the 1st step:

Novell has joined with LPI and now you get both certs for doing either entry
level exams, Novell CLA and LPIC 1.

Same for CompTIA Linux+ and LPIC 1.

This is on the LPI website in 2 separate press releases.  So I sent them an
e-mail asking if I write the LPIC 1 do I get 3 certs out of it.

I'm assuming it won't be long before there is only one cert for these 3
agencies.  That leaves the vendor specific certs only now.

Pat