[nSLUG] Atom server

Jim Haliburton jim at on-site.ns.ca
Tue Apr 13 08:55:16 ADT 2010

In a previous post Daniel Mackay indicated his success with a new Atom based
server he set up.

I am pleased to see the success he had with the new Intel Atom board.

It would be good to hear if there were any issues with the chipset or NIC
drivers.  Or did it work out of he box?  I know I would like to hear more of
what he went through in setting it up.  Maybe Solaris just saw the chipset as a
generic chipset and had no issues.

I have used the predecessor board but had to compile the NIC driver.  Intel
says they are not supporting Linux on this new board you are using.  I am glad
it worked for you.

Jim H