[nSLUG] Linux Certifications

Oliver Baltzer oliver at hytek.org
Mon Apr 12 21:37:48 ADT 2010

Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On 12/04/10 07:43 AM, Pat Gagnon wrote:
>
> I can't really recommend any Linux certification.  I have the feeling
> that any job that would have screened me out on the basis of not having
> certification, I wouldn't be interested in.

It definitely depends on the job and the environment. I am personally
not a big fan of certification either. But when a potential employer is
going through a stack of resumes for a RH systems administrator
position, those that say RHCE are definitely more likely to catch their
eye than those that don't. I realize that there might be a few good guys
that don't get a chance that way, but on the other hand the position is
for a RH sysadmin position, no more, no less. Although, depending on the
location the value of a RHCE cert may be quite inflated.

Cheers,
Oliver