[nSLUG] Linux Certifications

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Mon Apr 12 21:15:26 ADT 2010

On 12/04/10 07:43 AM, Pat Gagnon wrote:
> Hello group,
>
> I'm going to start work on a Linux cert.  Any comments on which one I
> should go for?
>
> I am aware of the following 4 certification agencies: Redhat, LPI,
> CompTIA and Novell.

I can't really recommend any Linux certification.  I have the feeling
that any job that would have screened me out on the basis of not having
certification, I wouldn't be interested in.

On the other hand, if you are seeking employment somewhere and they do
require certification, why not ask them what they are looking for?

Ben