[nSLUG] Linux Certifications

Pat Gagnon patgagnon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 20:39:48 ADT 2010

Thank you all for your comments.

Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: nslug-bounces at nslug.ns.ca [mailto:nslug-bounces at nslug.ns.ca] On Behalf
Of Hatem Nassrat
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2010 7:30 PM
To: Nova Scotia Linux User Group
Subject: Re: [nSLUG] Linux Certifications

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Johann Tienhaara <jtienhaara at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> The RHEL courses are challenging and the exams are too, but the exams
> are mainly super short.  I didn't come anywhere close to fixing all
> the problems on my exam, and Hatem (who took it at the same time) was
> I think in a similar boat (though maybe not quite as stressed as me :)
> ).

It was definitely stressful, I did expect the RHCE to be a lot harder as I
expected before walking in that there is no way I could pass. The reason is
the crash course is 4 days long where you cram a ~400 page manual. And you
are supposed to study all what you learnt when you get back home every
night. It was hectic. I over-estimated the exam though, just because of the
intensity of the course, but it is not a piece of cake. However, it may not
be as hard as people make it to seem. The following cheat sheet was
inspirational, and I think covers good ground.
    http://conigliaro.org/wiki/rhce
This guy aced his exam, but he did study hard, here are his thoughts and
emotions around the exam
    http://conigliaro.org/2009/09/08/my-rhce-exam-experience/

--
Hatem Nassrat