[nSLUG] Linux Certifications

Hatem Nassrat hnassrat at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 19:30:19 ADT 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Johann Tienhaara <jtienhaara at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The RHEL courses are challenging and the exams are
> too, but the exams are mainly super short.  I didn't
> come anywhere close to fixing all the problems on
> my exam, and Hatem (who took it at the same time)
> was I think in a similar boat (though maybe not
> quite as stressed as me :) ).

It was definitely stressful, I did expect the RHCE to be a lot harder
as I expected before walking in that there is no way I could pass. The
reason is the crash course is 4 days long where you cram a ~400 page
manual. And you are supposed to study all what you learnt when you get
back home every night. It was hectic. I over-estimated the exam
though, just because of the intensity of the course, but it is not a
piece of cake. However, it may not be as hard as people make it to
seem. The following cheat sheet was inspirational, and I think covers
good ground.
    http://conigliaro.org/wiki/rhce
This guy aced his exam, but he did study hard, here are his thoughts
and emotions around the exam
    http://conigliaro.org/2009/09/08/my-rhce-exam-experience/

--
Hatem Nassrat