[nSLUG] LinuxFest - Ubuntu install

Peter Dobcsanyi petrus at ftml.net
Sat Apr 10 10:39:29 ADT 2010

Although the LinuxFest already is underway, I think most of the
organizers, facilitators of the event read their email during the day.

I assume that some of the visitors to the event would end up with a
Linux system freshly installed on their computer. If the chosen system
is Ubuntu then I'd like to suggest to go with 10.04 Lucid Lynx, Beta 2
released 2 days ago. That is to spare a novice user the potentially
bumpy ride of the system upgrade in about two weeks.

Lucid is already stable enough, the changes between 10.04 and earlier
versions are significant and visible for the average users.

The URL to Lucid: http://releases.ubuntu.com/10.04/

Cheers,
        Peter