[nSLUG] Domain registration: Maximum freedom

odoepner odoepner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 23:06:12 ADT 2010

Hello,

[Disclaimer: This is not really a Linux question, but I hope that's ok.]

I am quite unhappy with my current domain registrar "df.eu" (located in
Germany). They do not support NS record entries for the main domain (in my
case "doepner.net"), but only for subdomains. Also, I can't seem to directly
edit my WHOIS information there.

Now I am looking into alternatives and I am quite fed up with this whole
reseller business and the attempts to lock people into combined webspace and
domain registration deals.

So my question is basically: Do you know where I can cheaply manage my
domain (and nothing else) with maximum freedom and control? I want to be
fully in charge of my domain and all my DNS entries, including NS records
for the main domain, MX record, etc.

Thanks in advance
Oliver

-----