[nSLUG] Gigabit networking

Daniel Morrison draker at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 13:57:23 ADT 2010

Provided you use proper cables, I would expect everything to work as
you describe.
Keep in mind that 1 Gbps is the wire speed; in practice you will get
maybe up to 800 Mbps data transfer rate, and that only if both
computers are able to keep up (disk reads/writes, PCI bus, etc). But
still, it should be faster than 100 Mbps.

-D.