[nSLUG] Atom based board

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 21:01:18 ADT 2010

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Matt Chamberlain <chamberlain2007 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Just one further question, do you also sell cases for this form factor?

If Jim doesn't carry these, you can try here:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?minorcatid=104&subminorcatid=531

One of our home machines runs Atom 330 in an Apex MI-100.
It isn't fancy and some reviewers don't like the visual quality
of the black plastic.

Some cases in this form factor (e.g. Shuttle XPC X27D)
have only 5.25 slots for ultra-slim style CDROM/DVD, which
are more pricey, destroying the inexpensive part of this
computing solution.

Newegg.ca also sells barebones systems with the Atom D510
made by Foxconn.  E.g.:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856119024&cm_re=atom-_-56-119-024-_-Produc

When I researched the brand Foxconn last year, I could hardly find anyone
selling their stuff.  The thing is, if the power supply goes on one of
these,
where do you find a replacement?  Buy another whole unit?  At $135 each,
maybe it is easier to buy two and have a spare if you need good uptime?